Tuesday, March 3, 2020

THOMAS HENRY



If I could hold a moment forever 
I’d hold your heart next to mine 
As I cradle you in my arms
Whispering my unending love 

I cry tears of grief so sharp
They take my breath away 
I relive moments lost forever 
Over and over in my mind 

I took for granted 
That time was kind 
But time stops for no one
And I lost you way too soon

I was wrapped up in every day things
Never thinking 
That you would leave so soon
Never guessing that time was my enemy

If I could hold a moment forever
I would give you the love
I so selfishly held back
Thinking there would be another day 

I miss you every day 
And for the rest of my life
I will regret the things
I could and should have done

Dear sweet one, I love you 
You will live on in my heart and memory forever.

Janice Kuykendall

No comments:

Post a Comment